Bharwan Keema Karela (Stuffed Bittergourd). #bharwakarela#keemabharekarela#stuffedbittergourd#shortsBharwa karela is a popular stuffed bitter gourd recipe. This recipe is made in so many different ways. Keema Bhare Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Be the first to review this recipe.
Incredibly easy and simple and tasteful. Stuffed Bitter Gourd or Bharwan Karela as it is called in Northern India is one of the most loved dishes, the recipe for which is different in every household. This recipe of Bharwan Karela has been in the family for generations.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, bharwan keema karela (stuffed bittergourd). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
#bharwakarela#keemabharekarela#stuffedbittergourd#shortsBharwa karela is a popular stuffed bitter gourd recipe. This recipe is made in so many different ways. Keema Bhare Karela (Stuffed Bitter Gourd) Be the first to review this recipe.
Bharwan Keema Karela (Stuffed Bittergourd) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Bharwan Keema Karela (Stuffed Bittergourd) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook bharwan keema karela (stuffed bittergourd) using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bharwan Keema Karela (Stuffed Bittergourd):
- Make ready 8-10 of small size bitter gourds.
- Prepare 200 gms of chicken mince, washed & drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 5 tbsp. of oil.
- Make ready 1 of onion, chopped.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of coriander powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Get 1 tbsp. of fresh coriander leaves, chopped.
Passed on to me by my mother, and she was taught by her mother. Punjabi bharwan karela – Bittergourds stuffed with a spicy and tangy onion masala, fried until they become crispy and tender. One of the best ways to use bitter gourd in your meals. Bitter gourds are not the favourite veggie for many, especially kids.
Instructions to make Bharwan Keema Karela (Stuffed Bittergourd):
- Scrape the bitter gourds, make a slit and discard the seeds. Apply some salt to the bitter gourd and also to the scraped pieces and leave aside for an hour. Rinse well and squeeze off excess water. Keep aside..
- Make a paste with ginger-garlic, tomato paste, all the dry spices and some water. Keep aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and saute the scraped pieces along with a pinc of salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil and stir fry the onions till light brown. Add the prepared paste & mix well. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the mince and mix to combine well. Add the green peas and cook for 4-5 minutes..
- Add the sauteed scraped bitter gourd, cover & cook till the moisture is all absorbed..
- When done, add ghee & coriander leaves. Give it a stir and set aside to cool..
- Stuff the slit bitter gourds with the prepared keema & tie with a thread. Heat remaining oil in a pan and arrange the stuffed bitter gourds. Cover and cook till it is nicely fried on both sides..
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve along with remaining keema. It can also be relished with plain steamed rice, jeera rice, plain biryani, pulao or an type of Indian bread..
Stuffed Bitter Gourd ( Bharwan karela) – North Indian Style made using basic pantry dry spices. A vegetable not loved by many but if you love slightly bitter foods, this dish is for you! Karela (Bitter Gourd) is a vegtable often not loved by many. At our place here, Ronak absolutely hates it and I on the other hand absolutely love it! Healthy Bharwa Karela is an Indian Masala Stuffed Bitter Gourd which is a combination of taste with health since it uses lesser oil than the conventional Bharwa Karela which is usually deep fried.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food bharwan keema karela (stuffed bittergourd) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!