Easy Chicken Congee. Put your congee on medium to low heat and let it simmer – keep stirring so it doesn't burn or stick. Add in your chicken stock and bring it back to high heat and stir. Learn How To Make Easy Chicken Congee Recipe
This traditional Chinese dish is commonly served for breakfast. But I like it as a warm, comforting dinner on a chilly night. The plain congee has a mild flavor – a terrific cure when you are under the weather.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, easy chicken congee. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Put your congee on medium to low heat and let it simmer – keep stirring so it doesn't burn or stick. Add in your chicken stock and bring it back to high heat and stir. Learn How To Make Easy Chicken Congee Recipe
Easy Chicken Congee is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Easy Chicken Congee is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have easy chicken congee using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Chicken Congee:
- Make ready 10 cups of water.
- Get 2 cups of short grain rice.
- Get 2 of whole shredded chicken breast pieces(you may use thigh pieces if you like).
- Prepare 1 inch of julienne ginger pieces.
- Make ready 3 of green onions finely chopped.
- Make ready of Salt to season.
- Prepare 2 pinches of crushed black pepper to season.
- Take of few drops of soy sauce(optional).
- Get of few drops of fragrant sesame oil (optional).
Consider it a base to build on. Add bits of meat or veg or a few shrimp, or keep it light with a poached egg or. Today's chicken & mushroom congee is a classic example of Cantonese congee. How to make congee quick & easy Freeze the raw rice.
Instructions to make Easy Chicken Congee:
- Rinse the rice several times using a fine colander to begin with.
- Add the water needed to cook in a heavy bottom sauce pan to boil.
- Add the rinsed rice as the water is boiling.
- Once the water is on a roaring boil, reduce heat and add the chicken pieces.
- Now add the salt and pepper.
- Mix well and cook covered for atleast 30 minutes, as the porridge needs to thicken.
- Once thick enough, turn off the heat.
- Add the ginger pieces, and few drops of sesame oil. mix well.
- Transfer into serving bowls.
- Garnish with chopped green onions,few drops of soy sauce and a dash of pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!.
- For more interesting and healthy recipes visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRiXQZZrIUv4bE9gvy12aA.
Cooking congee was a time-consuming task for me until the moment when one of my friends in China taught me a "Quick Solution": freeze the raw rice overnight then cook as usual. Chicken congee is quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot®, cutting down on time but not flavor. Serve this Asian breakfast porridge any time of the day for a satisfying meal. May substitute chicken with other meat e.g. pork/beef. Stirring is important, to achieve smooth congee.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food easy chicken congee recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!