Stuffed grape leaves. These are grape leaves, stuffed with a tantalizing mixture of rice, fresh dill, mint and lemon. 'Yum' is the only one word to describe these. These can either be a main dish or an appetizer, depending on your appetite. Serve with good crusty bread and a Greek salad, if desired.
Pour the water into the skillet, and bring to a simmer. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate. In this recipe, grape leaves are stuffed with a tasty meat and rice mixture, seasoned with warm spices (allspice and cumin) and loaded with fresh herbs in the form of parsley, dill and mint.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, stuffed grape leaves. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Stuffed grape leaves is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Stuffed grape leaves is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
These are grape leaves, stuffed with a tantalizing mixture of rice, fresh dill, mint and lemon. 'Yum' is the only one word to describe these. These can either be a main dish or an appetizer, depending on your appetite. Serve with good crusty bread and a Greek salad, if desired.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook stuffed grape leaves using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed grape leaves:
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Get 4 clove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small tomato seeded and chopped.
- Make ready 1 of small can of tomato paste.
- Get 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 cup of vegetable juice.
- Make ready 3 cup of basmati rice.
- Take 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground mint.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 6 of mini peppers.
- Take 1 of jar of grape leafs.
- Get 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable juice.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of hot sauce …you can double if you like more spicey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Make ready 3 cup of warm water.
- Make ready 1 of pork chops or you can use chicken if you dont eat pork… or both if you want.
Then, once stuffed, the grape leaves are cooked in a tasty lemony broth. Place the stuffed grape leaves seam-side down on top of the chops. Pack the leaves tightly and begin a second layer when necessary. Place whole garlic cloves randomly between the rolled leaves.
Steps to make Stuffed grape leaves:
- Add 1tbs in large bowl add beef garlic tomato paste tomato 1 tsp salt n pepper 1/2 cup vegetable juice rice 1/2 onion mint 1/2 tbs lemon juice n parsley n mix together n set aside.
- Take the 2 onions and cut off each end and slice half way through then take your peppers and cut tops off them n clean out insides..once down rince onions in warm water and peel them apart and place in bowl.
- Take out your grape leaves and rince them under water then place in bowl… Set up a space you can work in.
- In a deep dish add the 1 tbs oil then add your pork chops and sprinkle lightly with pepper and salt.
- Remove the stem off the leaf and On a flat surface place your grape leaf flat down take some meat mixture and place across middle then fold the bottoms up over it fold in each side then roll up the rest.
- Once it is rolled place over pork chops and repeat till u have all the meat covered.
- Stuff the onions and peppers placing on top of the grape leaves.
- Then roll out more leaves with the meat and place over top.
- In a large measuring cup… Mine holds 4 cups… Add 1 cup of vegetable juice them 3 cups of water 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tbs hot sauce 1/4 tsp pepper 2 tbs lemon juice n mix together.
- Pour over top of the grape leaves and place a small plate on top to make sure the leaves dont open then cover with a lid and turn stove to high and let it boil then reduce heat to medium for 20 minutes then lower heat to medium low for about 40 minutes.
- Once it done allow to cool down and then remove carefully to a plate or storage container…. Enjoy.
Refrigerate leftover stuffed grape leaves in airtight containers for up to four days. To freeze leftover dolmathakia, transfer them to zip-close freezer bags or airtight containers and freeze for up to three months. Rinse well in cold water to wash away any brine. Stuffed grape leaves are delicious and are such a comfort food. These are different than your grandmother's version with an ingredient list that is a mile long with all sorts of spices.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food stuffed grape leaves recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!