Chinese Fried Rice. Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired. To make this homemade fried rice recipe, you will need: Cooked, chilled rice: Make sure your rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly chilled in the fridge in a sealed container. As I said before, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe.
Chinese fried rice that tastes just like in the Chinese restaurants. I have tried many recipes and was never able to make it taste like in the restaurants until I met someone who was a chef in a Chinese restaurant and let me in on the secrets. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chinese fried rice. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chinese Fried Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chinese Fried Rice is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired. To make this homemade fried rice recipe, you will need: Cooked, chilled rice: Make sure your rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly chilled in the fridge in a sealed container. As I said before, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chinese fried rice using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Fried Rice:
- Take 3/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- Make ready 2 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1 of egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like).
- Take 3 drops of soy sauce.
- Take 3 drops of sesame oil.
- Take 8 oz of chicken, chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of finely chopped carrot (very small).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas, thawed.
- Get 4 cup of cold cooked rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain).
- Prepare 4 of green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of bean sprouts.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of light soy sauce (add more if you like).
Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again. Chinese fried rice is an iconic Chinese recipe that you can find in many Chinese restaurants all over the world.
Steps to make Chinese Fried Rice:
- 1) Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok..
- 2) Allow wok to cool slightly..
- 3) Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside…
- 4) Add 1/2 Tbsp. oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces..
- 5) Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes..
- 6) Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes..
- 7) Add 2 Tbsp. of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve..
- 8) Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired..
Traditional Chinese fried rice recipe calls for Chinese sausage or lap cheong (腊肠), vegetables, eggs, overnight rice and soy sauce. The Signature Aroma For A Chinese Fried Rice Dish: Wok Hei 镬气, Breath of Wok. The rice needs to be lightly tossed in the wok, for every grain of rice to be fried and infused with a good 'wok hei' taste. After lightly seasoning with salt, ground white pepper and light soy sauce, the rice is mixed together with the soft scrambled eggs. Chinese fried rice includes chopped spring onions sprinkled on top, whilst Thai fried rice may prefer basil.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chinese fried rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!