Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens. Add tomatoes, broth, greens and half the bacon. Stir well and heat to boiling. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and cover.
Inspired by our time spent in Georgia (USA); where we literally scoffed our way through an entire honeymoon. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the rice is just tender throughout. Add broth, water and greens to skillet; stir.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, southern chicken, rice and greens. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Add tomatoes, broth, greens and half the bacon. Stir well and heat to boiling. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and cover.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have southern chicken, rice and greens using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens:
- Make ready 1 packages of thick cut bacon.
- Make ready 3 1/2 lb of cut chicken parts (we like breasts and thighs, but you can use a whole chicken).
- Get 1 tsp of seasoned salt.
- Get 1 tsp of Sylvia's Sizzlin' Hot Spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- Take 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- Get 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- Make ready 2 cup of packed fresh greens of choice (we prefer mustard).
Add tomatoes with juice broth, greens and half bacon; bring to boil over high heat. Heat a lidded Dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pot. Add in the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens:
- Cut bacon into pieces and fry until crisp. Drain well and set aside. Leave bacon grease in skillet/dutch oven. Mix spices and sprinkle on all chicken. Fry in hot bacon grease for about 3/4 min each side (brown lightly) and set aside. Leave 1 tablespoon of drippings in pan..
- Add rice to pan drippings and stir over med high heat for 2 min. Add tomatoes, broth, greens and half the bacon. Stir well and heat to boiling. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and cover. Bake 45 min or until chicken is done and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with reserved bacon and serve..
There are so, so many options for making a stirfry with vegetables and rice. Literally, whatever vegetables you have on hand will work. When rice is done, add butter, stir well, remove from heat. Taste for proper seasoning, adding more salt and pepper as desired. Keywords: Chicken and Rice Recipe, made from scratch, OXO Cookware review, southern recipes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food southern chicken, rice and greens recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!