Chinese Congee( Zhou). Chinese congees (Chinese: 粥; pinyin: zhōu; Cantonese Yale: jūk) vary considerably by region. Congee (Cantonese jook or Mandarin zhōu) is a typical Chinese breakfast food. It's a savory rice porridge that can be eaten plain, with a few condiments.
Typically, people add meat, fish, vegetables, and. You'll often see people cook the rice along with. Congee is a classic Chinese porridge made from rice, usually served for breakfast or at dim sum.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chinese congee( zhou). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chinese congees (Chinese: 粥; pinyin: zhōu; Cantonese Yale: jūk) vary considerably by region. Congee (Cantonese jook or Mandarin zhōu) is a typical Chinese breakfast food. It's a savory rice porridge that can be eaten plain, with a few condiments.
Chinese Congee( Zhou) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chinese Congee( Zhou) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chinese congee( zhou) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Congee( Zhou):
- Make ready 1/2 cup of rice(I used short grain).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Get 1 cup of Chicken Stock( you can use beef if you like).
- Get of Add Ins(Optional, but recommended).
- Get 1 of Meat of your choice ; shredded or cut up into pieces.
- Take 1 of Vegetables: I recommend using either cabbage or mushrooms.( I used cabbage for this recipe).
- Get 1 of Thousand year old eggs( pi dan) (This is what you would find in most congee prepared in takeout/resturant places).
Is congee a rice dish or a soup dish? A visitor wrote about a thick soup made from rice and minced pork. I was quite puzzled at first. This simple congee rice porridge recipe is made from chicken stock, rice and fresh ginger.
Steps to make Chinese Congee( Zhou):
- I recommend using a Dutch oven . If you don't that is fine too. Place the rice,.water, and stock into a pot. Stir and bring to a boil.(Make sure to not fully cover the pot because because the it can bubble over easily and make a big mess! ).
- While it is being brought to a boil, you can cook and prepare any add ins if you are using any. Set it aside. We will add this later in the cooking process ..
- After the rice and liquid mixture has been brought to a boil, add 1/2 cup of water and them bring it to a boil again. Remember to stir often. Then after the second boil, add 1/2 of a cup of stock. Bring it to a boil again. Keep repeating and alternating between water and stock until you reach your desired consistency. You can add more stock to water. This will result in a creamier and thicker congee. More water will result in more of a runny consistency, and not as much flavor. This congee is different from ones prepared outside because the ones outside are made with all water. In my opinion ,this is much more flavorful because of the stock!.
- After it has reached your desired consistency, add any of the add ins. Season to taste..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Basic Chinese Congee. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Chinese rice congee with rousong and zha cai (coriander in side bowl) Chinese name Chinese. Congee is a type of rice porridge popular in many Asian countries. It can be eaten alone or served. What's the Chinese equivalent of "chicken soup"?
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chinese congee( zhou) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!