Al Machboos. Machboos, also known as machbous, is the national dish of Bahrain and a typical dish of the Gulf cuisine, its name derived from the Arabic word for compressed, kabs. Chicken Machboos, or Machboos ala Dajaj ("spiced chicken and rice"), is the national dish of Bahrain, a small island country in the Persian Gulf neighbored by Saudi Arabia and Iran. DUBAI FOOD – Emirati Machboos in UAE Desert + Home-Cooked ARABIC FOOD in United Arab Emirates!!
We serve it daily in our cultural meals. Al Machboos is well known and is a favorite throughout the Gulf area. Tagsal machboos al machboos abu dhabi non veg in abu dhabi popular food popular non veg food traditional-food-of-Emiratis.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, al machboos. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Al Machboos is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Al Machboos is something that I have loved my whole life.
Machboos, also known as machbous, is the national dish of Bahrain and a typical dish of the Gulf cuisine, its name derived from the Arabic word for compressed, kabs. Chicken Machboos, or Machboos ala Dajaj ("spiced chicken and rice"), is the national dish of Bahrain, a small island country in the Persian Gulf neighbored by Saudi Arabia and Iran. DUBAI FOOD – Emirati Machboos in UAE Desert + Home-Cooked ARABIC FOOD in United Arab Emirates!!
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have al machboos using 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Al Machboos:
- Take 1 kg of Whole Chicken cut into 4 pieces only.
- Take 1.5 tbsps of Baharat * (Middle Eastern Spice Blend).
- Take 200-250 gms of Onion Chopped.
- Take 250 gms of Tomato Chopped.
- Prepare 40 gms of Ginger made into paste.
- Get 40 gms of (8 garlic cloves)Garlic made into paste.
- Prepare of as required Few sprigs of Parsley Chopped.
- Prepare of as required Few sprigs of Cilantro Chopped.
- Take 2 tbsp of Ghee or 1 tbsp Veg oil.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Make ready of as per taste Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Long Basmati Rice washed and soaked for at least 30 mins.
- Make ready 3 1/3 cup of Chicken Broth or water.
- Take 2 inches of Cinnamon stick.
- Make ready 3 of Green Cardamom.
- Take 2 of Loomi / black dried whole lemon.
- Prepare of For Garnishing (optional).
- Prepare 10-15 of Cashew nuts.
- Make ready 15-20 of Raisins.
- Make ready 10-15 of Almonds.
- Get As needed of Parsley and Cilantro chopped.
- Prepare of Baharat.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Black Peppercorns.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Cummin seeds.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Coriander seeds.
- Take 8-10 of Cloves.
- Get of Seeds only of 10-12 Green Cardamom.
- Make ready 1.5 tbsp of Chilli Powder or Kashmiri LAL Mirch powder for color *.
- Get of if you don't like chilli heat use Kashmiri or Degi Mirch powde.
- Get 1 Tsp of Grounded Cinnamon.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Grounded or grated Nutmeg.
Another non-vegetarian food of UAE is the Machboos. The main ingredients in Al Machboos include red meat, fish or shrimp and rice. Mandi – A Rendezvous With Tradition. While meat, fish, and rice are the Dubai national foods, Al Machboos and Khuzi are the traditional cuisines of the country.
Steps to make Al Machboos:
- Heat ghee and oil in a pot with thick base. Fry the nuts and raisins first and keep it aside. Then braise the chicken pieces in it. Let it brown a bit. I did two at a time. Prepare other ingredients accordingly as mentioned above..
- Once the chicken is braised, keep it aside. Now In the same remaining ghee and oil add in the cinnamon and cardamom (just crack open the Cardamom pod to avoid it from bursting) and once it crackles, add in the onion and saute it till it turns pinck and translucent, then add the ginger garlic paste and again cook further for about 5-10 mins. Then add the Baharat spice mix and turmeric powder and cook more. Add little chicken broth or water to avoid it from burning..
- Then add the chicken and mix well and cook. After that add tomatoes and loomi and salt and mix well and cook till the raw flavour of tomato goes off. Add in Chopped Parsley and cilantro. (Add water or broth as needed. While cooking the chicken, I added 1 cup broth in total.).
- Once done, add the washed and soaked rice and mix it gently so that the rice doesn't break. Add & 1/3 cup water or chicken broth as the gravy already has moisture. Check salt, if needed add it and mix. Cover with a lid tightly and let it cook in its own steam / dum just as we cook biryani for about minutes. Put off the flame and let it rest for about 20 minutes. Open and fluff up the rice. Put it on a serving platter and garnish with the fried raisin & nuts and chopped parsley and cilantro..
- Serve hot. I love it with Tzatziki and Fattoush Tzatziki recipe (see recipe).
- For Baharat Masala : Dry roast all the whole spices, cool it and grind it into powder. Once powdered add the Chilli powder, Nutmeg and Cinnamon and blend it. Your Baharat is ready..
- Fattoush recipe (see recipe).
Kuwaiti cuisine is the local traditional Arabic cuisine of Kuwait. It is part of the Eastern Arabian cuisine and shares similarities with cuisines from neighboring countries, such as Saudi Arabian cuisine. Machboos is a dish of rice & meat, popular in many Gulf countries & across Saudi Arabia. Here is a version which is traditionally made in Bahrain. If you don't have any Buharat / Baharat spice mix.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food al machboos recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!