Chicken Orzo Soup. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the chicken, orzo, pepper and remaining broth; return to a boil. While orzo cooks, heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cooked chicken pieces to the pot. Stir in broth, water, cilantro, the bay leaf, and a good amount of salt and pepper.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken orzo soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the chicken, orzo, pepper and remaining broth; return to a boil. While orzo cooks, heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
Chicken Orzo Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chicken Orzo Soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken orzo soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- Prepare 10 of skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- Get 1 of whole peeled onion.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- Get 3 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 bunch of celery sliced.
- Make ready 2 lb of peeled and sliced carrots.
- Make ready 1 (14.4 oz) of can diced tomato.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of orzo pasta.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- Make ready to taste of pepper.
- Get to taste of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Cover and bring to a boil. There you have it folks: Time to dish up a homemade bowl of. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the butter, onions, and garlic in a large sauce pot, and set over medium heat.
Steps to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion..
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking..
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking..
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :).
Add whole chicken breasts to the pot. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Pour in chicken broth and stir until the flour has dissolved, then add the Italian seasoning and chicken. Bring the soup to a boil. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chicken orzo soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!