Chicken and Cabbage Soup. Tear meat off the chicken bones. Skim excess fat off the top of the cooled broth. This simple, yet flavorful, chicken-cabbage soup is perfect for enjoying on a cold day.
Stir in shredded chicken, cabbage, marinara sauce, and chicken stock. Add in frozen peas, garlic salt, garlic powder, and pepper, mix until well combined. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes more, just until peas are done.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken and cabbage soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken and Cabbage Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken and Cabbage Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Tear meat off the chicken bones. Skim excess fat off the top of the cooled broth. This simple, yet flavorful, chicken-cabbage soup is perfect for enjoying on a cold day.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken and cabbage soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Cabbage Soup:
- Prepare 8-12 of chicken thighs with skin and bone.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery sliced.
- Take 6-8 of carrots sliced or 1 small bag of baby carrots.
- Make ready 1 bunch of parsley chopped.
- Take 1 of medium onion diced.
- Make ready 2 of whole garlic cloves minced.
- Get 1 head of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic salt.
- Get 2 Tbs of dried Oregano or to taste.
- Take 2 Tbs of dried Basil or to taste.
- Take 2 Tbs of dried Thyme or to taste.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of garlic powder.
Garnish with fresh parsley, then ladle into warm bowls. Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice. Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Simmer until the chicken is heated.
Instructions to make Chicken and Cabbage Soup:
- Boil chicken in a large stock pot.
- Remove chicken and add all of the ingredients to the pot..
- Simmer on low..
- Remove the chicken from the bone. I discard the veins, skin and any other fat on the chicken..
- When finished, add the chicken to the pot. Continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes. You may want to taste and add more of the seasoning..
Add onions, garlic, chicken base, and frozen chicken. Remove tenders from pot and chop into smallish, bite sized pieces. Put them back in the broth, and add everything else except the beans, catsup, and the salt & pepper. Any leftover soup can be stored in containers and taken to work for lunch. This quick and easy recipe for cabbage and chicken soup combines two southern favorites, cabbage and chicken, to create a wholesome and healthy cabbage soup.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken and cabbage soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!