Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad. Like spaghetti, Filipino-style macaroni salad is one of the dishes we adapted from the west and gave our own Pinoy twist. Bursting with tropical flavors, it's the perfect fit for our tastes. This is a recipe for festive Filipino Macaroni salad.
The Chicken Macaroni Salad – Filipino style – is just one of the many recipes or dishes that we have adapted from the west, which we have made our own by adding some twist to the classic recipe. Such twist in this case is the addition of flavor and flair such as shredded chicken, cubed cheese and/or ham, raisins and even pineapple cuts. dice chicken breast into cubes. dice pineapple (tidbit size). peel and dice apple. dice cheddar cheese. mix raisins along with the cooked macaroni and all diced ingredients in a large bowl, stir in enough mayonnaise to bind all ingredients together as you don't want your salad too fattening and too creamy. This Filipino Macaroni salad has a twist of Hawaiian style because of added pineapple tidbits.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, filipino style macaroni chicken salad. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Like spaghetti, Filipino-style macaroni salad is one of the dishes we adapted from the west and gave our own Pinoy twist. Bursting with tropical flavors, it's the perfect fit for our tastes. This is a recipe for festive Filipino Macaroni salad.
Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have filipino style macaroni chicken salad using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad:
- Prepare 16 ounces of uncooked medium elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat.
- Make ready 1 of large carrot, peeled and diced.
- Get 1 cup of ham, cubed.
- Prepare 6 of hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 14 ounces of crushed pineapple.
- Get 1 cup of Eden or Velveeta Cheese, cubed or sharp shredded cheese.
- Take 1/2 cup of sweet pickle relish.
- Take 1 piece of red bell pepper chopped.
- Make ready 1 of onion, peeled and diced.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
The key to a delicious Macaroni salad should have a perfect combination of sweetness, creaminess and a little bit of salty and sour taste. That's why adding pineapple is a must! How to make the famous Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad This Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe is made with macaroni pasta, hard-cooked eggs, chopped fruits and vegetables, and a seasoned mayonnaise dressing. This is a salad that everyone seems to love.
Steps to make Filipino Style Macaroni Chicken Salad:
- In a pot over medium heat, bring about 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package directions for about 8 to 9 minutes or until firm to bite. Drain well and allow to cool completely..
- In a pot, add chicken meat and enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil, skimming scum that floats on top. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain from the liquid, allow to completely cool and shred. Set aside..
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add diced carrots and cook for about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove from water and plunge into an ice bath until completely cool. Drain and set aside..
- Arrange Macaroni in a large mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken and garlic powder. Toss..
- Add carrots, ham, eggs, crushed pineapple including packing juice, cheese, sweet pickle relish, bell pepper, onions, mayonnaise, and sweetened condensed milk. Gently stir together until evenly distributed..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to cool completely and to allow flavors to meld..
Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well blended. You just made yourself a yummy Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad, my friend. It is recommended to chill the salad before serving. It is also a good idea to make it a day before and chill it overnight. Try this Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad Recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food filipino style macaroni chicken salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!