Easy Egg Drop Soup. Reviews for Photos of Easy Egg Drop Soup. Egg drop soup also is known as egg flower soup. You probably ordered it many times from a Chinese restaurant.
Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu are optional, but commonly added to the soup. Tradition says that adding fresh ginger or turmeric to our easy egg drop soup makes a perfect home remedy for cold and flu.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, easy egg drop soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Easy Egg Drop Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Easy Egg Drop Soup is something that I have loved my whole life.
Reviews for Photos of Easy Egg Drop Soup. Egg drop soup also is known as egg flower soup. You probably ordered it many times from a Chinese restaurant.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy egg drop soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Egg Drop Soup:
- Take 4 cups of unsalted stock (Chicken, pork, veg or any combo thereof is fine. Beef would taste ok, but if you used a roasted bone stock, you might get a darker than desired broth.).
- Make ready 4 cups of water.
- Take 1 of medium carrot, sliced into 1/4" thick slices.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil (optional).
- Take 1.5-3 Tablespoons of corn or potato starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water (this is called a slurry).
- Make ready 2-3 of eggs, thoroughly whisked.
- Get of finely chopped green onion for garnish.
- Take to taste of black pepper.
You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a light, savory broth. I know it from my Chinese grandmother, who made this quick and easy soup even though she was also known for her other. Egg drop soup is really, really REALLY easy to make. You may never order it from a takeout restaurant again.
Instructions to make Easy Egg Drop Soup:
- Put stock, water, carrot and garlic into a pot or large saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes or so, covered, over medium high heat..
- Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for another 10 minutes or so to extract flavor from the aromatics – sweet from the carrot, savory from the garlic..
- Skim out the carrot and garlic, turn the heat back up to medium high, and stir in salt, toasted sesame oil, and starch slurry. Bring the soup back up to a boil for 2 minutes (bringing it to a boil activates the starch so it thickens the soup more effectively)..
- Turn the heat off and give the soup a few good stirs to let it cool just a little bit. Then stir again to create a gentle whirpool, pour in your whisked eggs, and let the gentle heat do its magic to cook the eggs. Stir gently again once or twice to distribute the eggs. You want the soup at a temperature where the egg just sets, which is what gives it that silky texture. If the egg overcooks, then it takes on a chewier more scrambled texture, but the starch does help to prevent overcooking..
- Ladle into a bowl and garnish with chopped green onion and black pepper to taste. (White pepper is often used for this soup, but if you don't have white pepper, like I don't have white pepper, then black pepper it is! 🙂 ) Enjoy!.
I love that when making it at home you can control the ingredients. Wondering about the pictured baby spoon? Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, has long been a favorite at Chinese restaurants. Many people have always wanted to try their hand at making the dish, but were worried how it would turn out. Creating a delicious broth and perfect, silken strands of egg are intimidating.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food easy egg drop soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!