Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup. Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is creamy, vegetarian, and full of veggies!. Be sure to serve with crusty bread to dip in it! Every cook needs several signature soups in their library.
Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! Reviews for Photos of Copycat Panera® Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is creamy, vegetarian, and full of veggies!. Be sure to serve with crusty bread to dip in it! Every cook needs several signature soups in their library.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Get 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take 4 cups of broccoli.
- Take 1 cup of cauliflower.
- Take 2 stalks of celery.
- Make ready 1 of large carrot.
- Make ready 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Make ready 2 cups of half and half.
- Take 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. Would cauliflower be a good substitute for part of the broccoli? Trying to clear out my fridge! Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Soup is an essential winter meal and when it comes to picking our absolute. Return pureed soup to pan with reserved vegetables and heat through, but do not boil or cheese will curdle. What I love about this broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup is that it is easily customizable. If you like your soups thicker, use a little less liquid or a little more flour. The soup has a slight kick from the pepper.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!