Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, simple creamy butternut squash soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have simple creamy butternut squash soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- Make ready 1 of small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Take 2 cups of chopped leeks (light green and white parts only – remember to wash your leeks well!).
- Take 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped into a 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Get 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (or 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon dried).
- Make ready 2 cups of baked butternut squash.
- Get 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable stock.
- Get 2 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others).
- Make ready 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk – it'll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy).
Steps to make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter..
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily – the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat's too high.).
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes..
- Blend the soup until it's a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that's the easiest way to go, but if you're using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food simple creamy butternut squash soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!