Chicken and Apple Salad. This salad is a low-carb, power-food dynamo. Easy to prepare and packed full of good nutrition—protein from chicken, fiber from the apple, and healthy fat from the walnuts—this is a quick diabetes-friendly recipe that's perfect for lunches and making ahead. Full of flavor and crunch—you won't believe how easy it is!
Looking for a quick and delicious fall salad? This easy and crunchy Chicken and Apple Salad is a great fall side dish. Apples, cranberries, crispy lettuce, and walnuts are tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken and apple salad. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken and Apple Salad is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken and Apple Salad is something that I have loved my whole life.
This salad is a low-carb, power-food dynamo. Easy to prepare and packed full of good nutrition—protein from chicken, fiber from the apple, and healthy fat from the walnuts—this is a quick diabetes-friendly recipe that's perfect for lunches and making ahead. Full of flavor and crunch—you won't believe how easy it is!
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken and apple salad using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Apple Salad:
- Prepare 2 lbs of skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 c of and 1 T vegetable oil.
- Get 2 T of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Make ready 1 T of and 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- Get 2 of Gala apples, thinly sliced.
- Make ready 1/2 c of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 of small head escarole, torn in pieces.
- Take 2 heads of Belgian endive, trimmed and sliced.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
As a busy mom of two little ones, it's safe to say my days can be a little hectic sometimes. Mix your fruits and veggies with our tangy Chicken Salad with Apples! Walnuts, celery and apples pack a powerful crunch in this dish. Serve it as a side with mealtime or and serve with a side of bread.
Instructions to make Chicken and Apple Salad:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season chicken with 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste..
- In large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 T oil. Add chicken skin-side down and cook until golden. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until thickest part of meat thermometer reads 165°, about 25 min. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5 min..
- In large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and honey. Gradually add oil..
- Remove chicken from bone and slice. In large bowl, toss lettuce, apples, walnuts and dressing. Top with chicken and cheese..
In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Arrange lettuce, apples, and cranberries on a platter. Slice chicken, add to platter, and drizzle with dressing. In a medium bowl, gently stir together, chicken, apple, celery and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk together, dressing and brown sugar, pour over chicken mixture.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken and apple salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!