Barbecue Chicken Empanadas. In a bowl, combine the chopped chicken, shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, green onions and chopped jalapeño pepper. Brush the edges of the biscuit with the egg wash mixture. Combine the chicken, onion, BBQ sauce and half of the cheese.
Transfer the mixture to a chilled bowl. Add the chicken and corn; stir to coat with the spices. Stir in the stock, barbecue sauce, and salsa.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, barbecue chicken empanadas. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
In a bowl, combine the chopped chicken, shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, green onions and chopped jalapeño pepper. Brush the edges of the biscuit with the egg wash mixture. Combine the chicken, onion, BBQ sauce and half of the cheese.
Barbecue Chicken Empanadas is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Barbecue Chicken Empanadas is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have barbecue chicken empanadas using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Make ready 4 of Bone-in chicken breasts (about 2 cups shredded).
- Prepare 2 of Corn on the cob (to yield about 1/2 cup kernels).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium Potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 cup).
- Prepare 1 of small Sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup).
- Get 2 of Fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, (about 2 tablespoons).
- Take 3 of large Garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 1 cup of Barbecue Sauce.
- Make ready 1 of Egg white.
- Take 1 packages of Empanada discs (14 ounce package, found in frozen section of most markets), thawed overnight in refrigerator or a couple of hours on countertop (leave in package to thaw)..
- Get 1 of Few springs fresh cilantro for garnish.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced but still saucy. I'm going to walk you through making BBQ chicken empanadas that are so good that I don't mind making them in a tiny hotel kitchen! This was my first time making these on my own and it was a learning experience for sure. Dab a little water around the rims.
Instructions to make Barbecue Chicken Empanadas:
- Place chicken in a large stock pot and add water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat, remove chicken from water and place on a plate to cool. Once cooled, pull chicken from bones into fine shreds. Measure out 2 cups and set aside. *Note: Do NOT overcook chicken, or the meat will be chewy. It will continue to cook during baking..
- Heat a heavy cast iron grill pan over high heat and add corn, turning cobs frequently until blackened in several spots, about 4 minutes per 4 sides. Remove from pan, let cool. Slice kernels from cobs and measure out 1/2 cup and set aside..
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add diced potatoes and stir fry for approximately 10 minutes, until potatoes are soft and golden brown. Add chopped onion and chopped jalapeno and stir fry for an additional 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes, so as not to burn the garlic..
- Lower heat to medium low, add shredded chicken, corn kernels, and 1 cup of barbecue sauce to pan and gently fold ingredients together to cover with sauce. Simmer mixture for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool in pan..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F..
- Gently separate dough disks and, using a rolling pin, place each disc on a piece of wax paper and roll each disc out until each is about 1 inch larger in diameter. Scoop out 1/4 cup of filling and spread horizontally along the center of each empanada disc. Gently bring the bottom edge over the filling and press to the top of the disc to form a semi-circle and press firmly together to seal. Starting from one corner of the empanada to the other end, pinch to seal or simply crimp together with a fork. Set side-by-side down the length of a parchment-lined half baking sheet. You should have 10 filled empanadas with leftover filling that will go well as a topping over rice..
- Whip egg white until foamy and, using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops (including crimped parts) of each filled empanada..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until tops of empanadas are golden brown..
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and serve..
- *Serve alongside barbecue rice and garnish with fresh cilantro..
- Note: Filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator overnight..
Place a large tablespoonful of the chicken mixture in the center; fold pastry over and press with a fork to seal. Transfer empanadas to the prepared baking sheets. Fold each circle in half and crimp edges with a fork. In a bowl, mix the water with the sugar, salt, and oil. Start adding the corn meal/corn flour slowly while mixing the ingredients by hand.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food barbecue chicken empanadas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!