Black Bean Chicken Salad. In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cheese. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Arrange romaine on individual plates; top with bean mixture and chicken. Drizzle with dressing; garnish with cilantro if desired. Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and olive oil.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, black bean chicken salad. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Black Bean Chicken Salad is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Black Bean Chicken Salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cheese. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have black bean chicken salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean Chicken Salad:
- Make ready 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Take 1 of large head romaine lettuce, washed and torn.
- Make ready 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of salsa.
- Take 1 cup of whole kernel corn.
- Get 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Make ready of Blue or yellow (organic) corn tortilla chips, coarsley broken.
- Get 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Make ready 1 cup of diced cilantro.
- Get of DRESSING: 3/4 cup salsa.
- Get 1 cup of low-fat plain greek yogurt (or substitute Greek cultured coconut milk).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of low-fat milk.
Top with chicken, bean mixture and scallions. This Southwest Chicken and Black Bean Salad bursts with flavor, thanks to crisp and colorful bell peppers, shredded cheddar cheese, succulent grilled chicken, black beans that marinate in the dressing. Packing salad in Mason jars is a handy trick for avoiding soggy salads at the office. Place the chicken breasts on the spinach beds and spoon half the black beans over each piece.
Steps to make Black Bean Chicken Salad:
- Bake, grill, or saute chicken until cooked throughout.
- Whisk salsa, yogurt and cumin. (If dressing is too thick add small amount of milk to thin).
- Divide lettuce onto 4 plates..
- Add warm chicken breast on top of lettuce..
- Sprinkle beans, corn and tomatoes over chicken breast..
- Drizzle dressing over chicken..
- Add cheese, cilantro and chips..
Divide sour cream, shredded cheese and salsa to top each salad. A refreshing mix of beans, garden veggies and chicken is tossed with a light lime vinaigrette in this satisfying salad that's sure to be a winner on hot summer days! In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, scallions, cilantro, cumin, lime juice/zest. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk to emulsify. Pour dressing over the salad and season with salt/pepper to taste.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food black bean chicken salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!