Meat Curry Buns. Great recipe for Meat Curry Buns. If kneading by hands or using stand mixer, activate yeast first. How to make Curry Beef Buns.
Using a fork, stir in one direction until your dough has come together in one ball. Shape the bun, gently flatten it a little and place onto the baking sheet and repeat with the remainder. One of my go to staple buns is Chinese curry beef buns.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, meat curry buns. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Great recipe for Meat Curry Buns. If kneading by hands or using stand mixer, activate yeast first. How to make Curry Beef Buns.
Meat Curry Buns is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Meat Curry Buns is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook meat curry buns using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Meat Curry Buns:
- Take of A. Tanzhong/water roux/slurry.
- Prepare 60 g of bread flour/plain flour.
- Take 300 g of water.
- Make ready of B. Meat Curry Filling.
- Prepare 2 C of diced potato.
- Make ready 2 C of cooked, minced meat.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Make ready 1/2 C of minced brown onion.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of hot chilli flakes.
- Take 1 tbsp of shredded curry leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of KEEN curry powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of BABA's meat curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 C of water.
- Take 2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- Take of (Or salt to taste).
- Get of C. The dough (bun).
- Take 150 g of water.
- Prepare 1 (60 g) of egg – lightly beaten.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of butter/oil.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 540 g of bread flour.
- Get 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- Get 1 tsp of bread improver.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of INSTANT dried yeast.
- Take of D. Glazing.
- Take 1 of egg – beaten (apply before baking).
- Make ready 2 tbsp of butter (apply after baking).
I am very picky about the filling in these buns because I find that a lot of bakeries use potato as a filler and it ruins the overall texture. My personal favourite is the curry beef bun from Saint Germain Bakery. Their filling uses no potatoes and is a delicious and hearty beef mixture. In Sri Lanka, these are called Mas Paan, where mas = meat and paan = bread, as I mentioned before.
Steps to make Meat Curry Buns:
- Note: Start by preparing tanzhong/water roux. This can be made few hours earlier or a day before baking. Next, prepare/cook the filling. Then, Measure out all ingredients before getting started..
- A. Tangzhong – Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking..
- B. Meat Curry Filling – half cook diced potato. Drain water. In a pot, cook minced meat in water, let it boil and then, drain the water. Next, heat oil over medium heat, add minced brown onion, shredded curry leaves, KEEN curry powder, BABA's meat/chicken curry powder & hot chilli flakes. Stir until aromatic then add cubed potato & 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in minced meat & season. Taste & adjust. Let this filling simmer over low heat until potato is tender..
- C. The Dough – Proof active dried yeast in 150g of tepid water for 5-10mins. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached, add A (tanzhong), yeast mixture and the rest of the ingredients in C & mix at low speed for about 5mins. Stop the mixer, scrap the dough from the side of the bowl. Continue mixing (increased speed) & kneading for 10-15mins until dough is stretchable. This dough is a bit wet & sticky. Dont be tempted to add extra flour. Proceed to step 6..
- Note: If using a bread maker, place A (Tangzhong) in a bread pan followed by the rest of the ingredients in C. If using INSTANT DRIED YEAST, no proofing is required. INSTANT DRIED YEAST is added last to the bread pan. Press ‘dough’ function. Wait until it beeps and stops then Proceed to step 7..
- Grease a big bowl with oil. Transfer the dough into this bowl. Cover with cling film and let it rise for 1 hour or more or until it doubles in size..
- Once the first proofing is done, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch the air out of the dough. Divide & weigh dough into smaller portions (50g each). Roll each portion lightly into balls (avoid pressing when rolling). Do the same with the rest..
- Once all done, take each ball, flatten & place a tsp full of filling then seal or wrap it neatly. Then roll the dough again in a circular motion with your palm against the table until it forms a round ball. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet/tray lined with parchment paper. Cover & let rise for another 40-50mins. Preheat oven to 160-170 C..
- Right before baking, gently brush the rolls with thin layer of beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are lightly golden. Apply a thin layer of melted butter right after the buns are out from the oven. Serve warm. Extra buns can be kept for few days. Microwave for 30sec & serve warm..
So you can use beef, chicken, pork, lamb, goat etc. as the meat filling. The filling is also sometimes mixed with potatoes, but I actually prefer these curried beef buns with just the meaty filling. Add in coconut milk, sugar and salt. Cook till thick and no longer "curry like". Combine all ingredients together except the butter.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food meat curry buns recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!